thank you very much!! the three ghosts in that picture are cedric diggory, hedwig, and dobby.
- harry’s scar is IN THE CENTER OF HIS FOREHEAD. it is not slightly to one side. it is not. it is in the middle of his forehead.
- i dont know about later but in first year at least his hair usually covers his scar. before hogwarts, petunia tried to keep the scar as hidden as possible.
- his glasses are round and “charcoal” colored. the first time they are mentioned to have been repaired is by arthur weasley at the beginning of the chamber of secrets, after harry has his floo mishap.
- he has bright green, almond shaped eyes.
- harry’s “i must not tell lies” scar is on the back of his right hand. if he makes a fist they show up white on his skin.
- HIS SCAR IS A SCAR. SCARS ARE NOT BRIGHT RED!!! and IDK MAYBE A CURSE SCAR IS DIFFERENT FROM MUGGLE SCARS??? but harry’s scar is. a scar. it is not a cut, as the movie people would have u believe.
- he also has an oval shaped scar on his chest from the horcrux
- his hair is JET BLACK and UNTIDY, always. his hair sticks up at the back. in DH his hair grows out past his shoulders.
- in the book years his clothes are dudley or vernon hand-me-downs, or weasley sweaters, or hogwarts robes. or weird lumpy hats, scarves, and other knitted Creations made by hermione.
- ron is tall and gangly with a long nose. it is not described as thin or pointed or anything, just long.
- he has blue eyes and red hair and enough freckles to look like he has a skin condition. he has prominent ears.
- after ootp ron has scars on his arms from his brain attack at the ministry.
- his clothes are almost all hand-me-downs from his elder brothers, and during his hogwarts years they are often several inches above his ankles. (hogwarts regulation robes are floor length)
- ron is missing part of his upper arm from splinching in DH. it is described in the book as: “a great chunk of flesh was missing, scooped cleanly away as though by a knife.” hermione is able to close the wound and it is never specified if he scars from it (hermione uses dittany right away and according to snape in HBP the use of dittany immediately can prevent scarring)
- hermione has bushy brown hair and, until late in the fall of 1994 she has overlarge front teeth.
- her eyes are brown!
- according to rons aunt muriel she has skinny ankles.
- the only description of her parents is that they look anxious and are muggles. there is no actual physical description. the only time we “see” her parents they are anxious and at gringotts and holding some muggle money, and then later they are more anxious after mr weasley gets into a brawl with lucius malfoy at the book store.
- hermione does not suffer any visible injury from bellatrix torturing her in DH, contrary to the movie portrayal. she is threatened with a knife (by bellatrix) during the last moments at malfoy manor. she is also hit by the falling crystal chandelier, though she is unconscious at the time.
all three of them suffer serious burns during their robbery of gringotts, and presumably multiple injuries during the battle of hogwarts.
YES to most of these, but I should add:
- HIS SCAR IS A SCAR. SCARS ARE NOT BRIGHT RED!!!
some scars do look reddish, like some burn or acid scars.
- in DH his hair grows out past his shoulders.
no it doesn’t, where did you get that from?
- in the book years his clothes are dudley or vernon hand-me-downs,(…) or weird lumpy hats, scarves, and other knitted Creations made by hermione.
it’s never said he got clothes from Vernon, or knitted things from Hermione.
- ron is tall and gangly with a long nose.
HE IS ALSO TALLER THAN VOLDEMORT. this makes me inordinately happy.
- (hogwarts regulation robes are floor length)
YES. AND CLOSED, LIKE DRESSES. THEY DON’T WEAR SKIRTS/DRESS SHIRTS/TIES/ANYTHING ELSE THAT’S UNIFORM. when they do wear clothes underneath the robes it’s regular, non uniform clothes. DEATH TO THE MOVIE!UNIFORM
- hermione does not suffer any visible injury from bellatrix torturing her in DH
actually she does, Bellatrix cuts her throat and she shows the cut to Griphook. It is unknown wether it scarred, but it probably did.
- Actually, Harry’s hair does grow past his shoulders according to the book:
His face was huge, shiny, and pink, every feature distorted by Hermione’s jinx. His black hair reached his shoulders and there was a dark shadow around his jaw.
- I agree about Hermione never knitting anything for the boys, and I don’t remember about his uncle’s clothes but I’d say they would be waaaay too big for him, more than Dudley’s.
- And also agree about Hermione having a small scar in her throat, since it bled, but not serious enough as to be permanent.
thank u otterandterrier for clearing up the hair thing, but at the very least we know that harry owned some of vernons socks and we can be reasonably sure that socks count as clothing.
also the reason i dont count a cut hermione gets as a scar is because they are wizards??? its not a cursed cut as far as we know? its a cut from a short silver knife, like, maybe it has dark magic properties we’re not aware of but they get to shell cottage in enough time that i am certain any purely physical damage could be reversed and in the case of that cut, healed naturally? especially considering that fleur and bill are adult wizards and bill worked for years as a curse breaker and i doubt you do something like that without some knowledge on healing. anyway sure there could be a scar on hermiones neck but as it was a non-magical and small wound it never registered as something that would scar, unless hermione decided she wanted to keep it, which honestly i could get behind.
i realized i never posted pics of this book here and it’ll have to wait until daylight for good nice pics of this but. heres the important spreads and the pleather covers,
all quotes are from @horse_ebooks, all art is by me!
“YOU CHEATING SCUM!” Lee Jordan was howling into the megaphone, dancing out of Professor McGonagall’s reach. “YOU FILTHY, CHEATING B —”
Professor McGonagall didn’t even bother to tell him off. She was actually shaking her finger in Malfoy’s direction, her hat had fallen off, and she too was shouting furiously.”
One of my absolute favorite bits in any of the Harry Potter books (even if I did forget to knock off Minerva’s hat).
Omg. This is beautiful.